Guided Tour of Lifou
In the South:
- Luengoni Beach offers an idyllic postcard decor with its crystal-clear turquoise water and its white sandy beach. Certainly one of the most beautiful beaches of Lifou.
- Wonderful Turtle Bay & Wadra Bay in Mou
- Xodre cliffs : a short walk to reach a breathtaking view point over the sea and the waves crashing below.
In the North:
- Vanilla plantation of Mucaweng : discover the secrets of vanilla production – the “brown gold” of Lifou.
- Jokin cliffs : on the Northern tip of the Island. The Jokin cliffs are 40 meters high and offer a wonderful view over beautifully clear water which shows off its colourful coral heads and amazing colors.
- Chapel of Notre Dame de Lourdes at Easo : easy access along a small path. This chapel was built in 1898 and offers a panoramic view over the Santal and Jinek bays. In winter, with a pair of binoculars, you can get a glimpse of whales.
- Stop at the ‘Grande Chefferie de Hnathalo’ (main tribal chief’s residence and HQ) : one of the biggest and most beautiful traditional ‘huts’ in New Caledonia. It is12 meters wide. It is an iconic symbol of tribal rites and customs butyou can only admire it from the outside.