Amedee Island is a tiny coral island located just 24 kilometres south of Noumea. Everything is designed for you to enjoy an unforgettable day on this beautiful natural marine reserve atoll- with a variety of fun and relaxing activities. There are ample shaded areas, a children’s playground and crystal clear water boasting an abundant array of colourful coral and fish species. Catch a glimpse of large sea turtles, enjoy a glass bottom boat ride as the skipper steers the vessel over the multitude of coral reef systems surrounding the island. Reverberating drums signal the beginning of the sumptuous luncheon buffet. Witness traditional island entertainment and indulge in a banquet fit for a king. The delicious island style buffet lunch is accompanied by complimentary wine and is rounded off with a selection of mouthwatering desserts. After lunch, several activities await you – join in the fun with a coconut tree climbing and sarong tying demonstration, climb up the 247 steps to the top of the Amedee lighthouse for a spectacular panoramic view or simply relax on the beautiful beach or in the boutique full of local souvenirs.
The Amedee Daytrip includes:
- Tropical buffet
- Folklore dance and music show during lunch
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Demonstrations of coconut tree climbing, sarong tying, and coconut grating
- Tamure dancing lesson
- Snorkeling gear available free (bail 1000 CFP)
Available on site
- Souvenir boutique
- American and Australian dollars accepted
- Table Tennis and bowls
- Stand-up paddle board for rent
- Snorkeling vuboard for rent
The Amedee Island daytrip operates generally every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
– May – September : Departure at 8:30am from Port Moselle – Return at 4:30pm.
– September – April : Departure at 8:30am from Port Moselle – Return at 5pm.
Free for children under 1 year